Author Topic: Renegade X (New Free Game!)  (Read 4430 times)

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
Renegade X (New Free Game!)
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:37:00 am »
Has anyone tried this game out yet? I've been playing it non-stop it's so goddamn addicting. The game itself is a completely free game (as in 100% free, no micro transactions at all!) built on the Unreal 3 Engine. It is a remake of the old 2002 game "Command & Conquer: Renegade", which is a FPS/TPS with RTS elements. The devs of the game also got the go ahead from EA Games to develop and release this also which I find pretty cool of them. :)

Explanation of the game from the C&C: Renegade wiki:
"The multiplayer element of this game takes the form of 'Command and Conquer Mode', in which players are divided into the two teams: GDI and Nod. Each team starts with its own base; team members can independently purchase vehicles and advanced character classes to destroy the enemy base and defend their own base. A match is won when one team destroys the other's base or when one team has more points than the other when the time limit expires. Damaging and destroying enemy units and structures earns points. Some servers allow the 'endgame beacon' option that causes a side to immediately win if that side's 'superweapon' beacon is successfully planted and detonated on a 'beacon pedestal' in the other side's base. Gameplay is a combination of FPS and RTS elements, since team members receive money from Tiberium harvesting and must purchase their own individual equipment."

Trailer style video:

Video explanation of how the game works:

I suggest anyone who can run this game to give it a try. It's very fun and addicting! Also it has offline against bots and online multiplayer!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:10:10 am by Pinkamena »
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

Galleta

• Community Member
  • Rebel Commander

• El español

• Personal Text
    Galletitas con leche, yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Renegade X (New Free Game!)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:55:37 pm »
Commands & Conquers FPS? Bitch.. it has always been a Strategy game. Never heard of them, but they look kinda awesome, Is it F2P, P2P or do you have to buy it?

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 01:02:03 pm »
Commands & Conquers FPS? Bitch.. it has always been a Strategy game. Never heard of them, but they look kinda awesome, Is it F2P, P2P or do you have to buy it?
Completely free. Don't have to buy it and there is no micro-transactions for in-game stuff.

Galleta

• Community Member
  • Rebel Commander

• El español

• Personal Text
    Galletitas con leche, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:12:58 pm »
Oh.. forgot to ask, Is ther any multiplayer mode?

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 01:14:33 pm »
Not right now. They plan on adding more I believe, but the game was just released into open beta yesterday.

Edit: I was half asleep I thought you were asking if there is any other multiplayer modes. The game has offline skirmish against bots and it has online multiplayer. The online multiplayer is currently locked at 40 max players (20 vs 20) but will go back to 64 players once they work out vehicle desyncing issues with large player loads. So yes it is multiplayer and it is very very addicting!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:03:30 am by Pinkamena »

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 05:25:39 am »
Looking at this I thought "Wow this looks a lot like an old command and conquer game with a FPS aspect added in", then I saw it was. Damn, I'll have to try this one. I fucken loved command and conquer games growing up.

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 06:33:09 am »
You will most likely enjoy the game. Just be warned their is some bugs with weapon switching and animations. Also the player limit was cut from 64 down to 40 temporarily until they fix vehicle desyncing issues. I haven't run into any game breaking bugs yet which is surprising for a day one open beta especially from such a small development team. The game itself will take a while to learn properly though I myself had no issues due to the fact I've played renegade a handful of times so knew what does what and the general map layouts.  ;D

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 06:57:22 am »
You will most likely enjoy the game. Just be warned their is some bugs with weapon switching and animations. Also the player limit was cut from 64 down to 40 temporarily until they fix vehicle desyncing issues. I haven't run into any game breaking bugs yet which is surprising for a day one open beta especially from such a small development team. The game itself will take a while to learn properly though I myself had no issues due to the fact I've played renegade a handful of times so knew what does what and the general map layouts.  ;D
All good for me then, I enjoy smaller teams more. Never really play 64 player maps. I usually go 32 or even 16 when I'm in FPS. :o

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 11:58:06 pm »
The first patch is on it's way soon! Once the patch hits people who haven't tried this yet should definitely give it a try since it fixes all the game breaking bugs. Also who doesn't want to operate a mammoth tank and fuck up the nod!  ;D

Darkerkill

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Ill kill u darker than ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 02:58:51 pm »
ho ho ho ho holy shiet!  8)
Take your shirt off!

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 06:40:25 pm »
Open Beta 2 was released earlier today. Anyone who hasn't tried this yet should give it a try since a lot of the annoying bugs are fixed.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 06:55:08 pm »
Open Beta 2 was released earlier today. Anyone who hasn't tried this yet should give it a try since a lot of the annoying bugs are fixed.
Do they have any official servers yet? :x My main problem was finding one that was open without a ping of 200

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 07:53:29 pm »
The servers are not hosted by the developers of the game. The are hosted by people within the community that usually rent monthly servers. Where do you live anyways? There is a lot of North American and European servers.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 07:54:45 pm »
The servers are not hosted by the developers of the game. The are hosted by people within the community that usually rent monthly servers. Where do you live anyways? There is a lot of North American and European servers.
MidWest America. :/ I guess I'm just unlucky with finding a good server that isn't full.

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 08:39:09 pm »
MidWest America. :/ I guess I'm just unlucky with finding a good server that isn't full.
That is really strange. I was just playing on the "Open Beta 2" client on a UK server and had 180 ping.... and I'm in southern California. You must have really really bad internet.  :o