General > Rants

The new update about allowing Player Mods to "unstick" members.

(1/4) > >>

Olivia020:
I think it is a bad decision to allow this.

Player mods should only be here for general support issues such as:

1. Player Reports
2. Chat moderating (to make sure everyhting is fine)
3. Drama Handling (splitting up public issues between a player or a group of player)
4. Block in-game spam/advertisements

Player moderators should never be allowed for anything high tech server wise because for one, its safe for everyone. I'm not going to go out and say that player moderators cannot be trusted, however, I'm assuming the first step to anything is becoming a player moderator, and there is people who like to find any easy way into the game as possible whether it would be with friends or not.

Player moderators should be exactly as stated. PLAYERS with Moderation rights. No other attributed should be given unless they are going for administration, which then I can see where "TESTING ADMIN" could come into play.

This would make the game a lot safer and reliable for us as a community to play the game. Player Mods should always remain and stay players with Only the kick and mute functions. Teleports SHOULD be off limits.

My suggestions for an Alternative route for Unsticking players:

1. Code the Upgraded 2006 interface where the Home Teleport spell was added in-game.
2. Add a function on the website for UNSTICKING characters which can only be used once every 24 hours.
3. Add Testing administration
4. Implement ::home with a Time limit until beta is released.
5. Let administrators do it.

EXPLOIT:
Have you ever got stuck for a couples of hours and had to wait for an admin to actually respond to you when there's a couple of mods online? Well I did.

99:
I'd like to see you say this after you get stuck, and no admins come on for multiple hours, and only mods are on.

Olivia020:

--- Quote from: EXPLOIT on February 12, 2013, 02:56:56 pm ---Have you ever got stuck for a couples of hours and had to wait for an admin to actually respond to you when there's a couple of mods online? Well I did.

--- End quote ---

Yes, i have, i waitted a few days actually, it's no big deal.

Added options for an alternative.

--- Quote from: 99 on February 12, 2013, 02:57:51 pm ---I'd like to see you say this after you get stuck, and no admins come on for multiple hours, and only mods are on.

--- End quote ---

Read the above quote and answer. Then check the alternative routes.

99:
So basically what you're saying is, you want to inconvenience people just so that a rogue mod can't send people back to Lumbridge for the fun of it?

Edit: Saw your edit... But this is still a dumb idea, it's fine how it is, and we don't need to give people free teleports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version