Author Topic: RuneRebels Wiki (Unofficial)  (Read 12164 times)

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
Re: RuneRebels Wiki (Unofficial)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:45 am »

• Create a BB Code-like syntax to make editing easier. - This won't be enabled for a while...

Y not now m8
It will bring up issues which I'm too lazy to solve, but since you quoted it I'll get around to it today.

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 07:28:53 pm »

• Create a BB Code-like syntax to make editing easier. - This won't be enabled for a while...

Y not now m8
It will bring up issues which I'm too lazy to solve, but since you quoted it I'll get around to it today.
ok

So Close

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I will go fast, but I will not rush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 09:37:10 pm »
I plan on helping you with this :) I have a lot I can add already!

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 07:58:16 am »
I plan on helping you with this :) I have a lot I can add already!
If you have a lot/need new pages created just message me the content. I will be giving you edit permissions if I am certain that you have some content to add!

So Close

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I will go fast, but I will not rush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »
Alright sounds good man. I'll be able to get a lot of NPC's and items straight away. I'll start working on it when the server is done lagging.. -.-

skiller

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 05:49:43 pm »
The forums are just as capable of containing material that a wiki could, plus your "website" is displeasing to the eye. Remember the guides section?

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 12:06:19 pm »
The forums are just as capable of containing material that a wiki could, plus your "website" is displeasing to the eye. Remember the guides section?
If you are going to post such retarded content, I will simply not give you a comprehensible response.

HURRDURR CEKA LUBE UNDA STARMIE TEKRAMO EMRASUP RAMEN - IN DIGO IPOAKA OPOEA TAY

kickingjamie

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 12:10:48 pm »
Do you really think he could have all the links, pictures, tables and so on a forum post?

Plus a wiki is meant to be edited by everyone, he wouldn't be able to do that with a forum post.

skiller

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 01:57:42 pm »
well at least get wiki site, not just a bunch of poorly made html codes.  Google how to make a wiki.

kickingjamie

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 03:12:59 pm »
The fact that hes making it without using a template as you suggest makes his wiki unique, which in my opinion is good. A wiki site doesn't have to follow any template at all.. As long as things are categorized, accessible and accurate it counts as a wiki in my opinion - no matter how it looks.

@Op: I suggest adding a search bar to the wiki :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:14:32 pm by kickingjamie »

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 03:50:42 pm »
well at least get wiki site, not just a bunch of poorly made html codes.  Google how to make a wiki.
The design not being the most attractive doesn't mean that I'm using "poorly made html codes". If you knew anything about development you would also realise that the core of the project is PHP, so the HTML is irrelevant.

ps If you can develop a nicer design then do it. We can always use another person's template!

skiller

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 04:54:07 pm »
The design not being the most attractive doesn't mean that I'm using "poorly made html codes". If you knew anything about development you would also realise that the core of the project is PHP, so the HTML is irrelevant.

ps If you can develop a nicer design then do it. We can always use another person's template!

http://www.wikia.com/Special:CreateNewWiki

^ def recomend using these guys.

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 11:02:59 am »

That's plagiarism, contact them first for their permission.
Also the whole point of my project was to improve my knowledge of PHP, not of using a WYSIWYG editor.

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 03:38:56 pm »

Also the whole point of my project was to improve my knowledge of PHP, not of using a WYSIWYG editor.
Not trying to defend skiller, but how is using Wikia plagiarism?

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 04:01:44 pm »

Not trying to defend skiller, but how is using Wikia plagiarism?
I was assuming that he told me to use their template, not their service. Using their service would be against my entire OP and would render him a moron, hence I didn't assume that, for his sake.