Author Topic: Giving it a rest  (Read 2818 times)

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Giving it a rest
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:34:49 pm »
I have been fairly inactive.. and so has everyone else.. I'd honestly take anything at this point.. I feel like if yall could update the server with what you have then everything else could be added as we were exploring everything and getting to take advantage of it. After the 2 big donations you guys got from Charles and the other guy it's been completely silent. I'm not saying it's going to turn out like 2006scape but it feels like it. Waiting.. and waiting.. and nothing ever happening. I don't want to be the guy complaining but I feel like a lot of people are losing hope. Even if you didn't update it with what you have, a weekly update log or what you guys accomplished would at least give us a glimmer of hope. We were told it was going to be done a long time ago. Then you said you were about 80% done.. You could even start advertising now and then still release 2.0 later because a bigger player base would actually make it more playable. Right now the forums aren't active.. there are 10 players on max from like 50 just a couple weeks ago.. I mean there is no economy for anything.. people with money can't even spend it.. I'll just keep checking back until it's updated I guess.

CptGiggles

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Great giggly miggly...
    • View Profile
Re: Giving it a rest
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:53:52 pm »
If you feel like you're at a point where you can't improve anything else, there isn't a problem with taking a rest and waiting for more players. Don't feel guilty :)

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »
Just saying but I said that we were updating this weekend.... so urmmm i don't know what you mean by silent. Ryan has been working day and nights to get this shit out this month, before he went off break. Just because you guys don't see or hear ryan coding, he always is.

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:08:19 pm »
You do realise that these guys are working their asses off atm...

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:27 pm »
Just saying but I said that we were updating this weekend.... so urmmm i don't know what you mean by silent. Ryan has been working day and nights to get this shit out this month, before he went off break. Just because you guys don't see or hear ryan coding, he always is.

I've just been apart of too many servers that just went out cold with no warning and I don't want this to be another one. I didn't get the memo about the update this weekend. That makes me feel better tbh.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:42:35 pm »

No I didn't. there is just no way to tell like weekly updates and stuff but now that Austin cleared that up, I guess we'll see.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 10:44:33 pm »
This server was "cold" maybe three or four months ago when I seriously could log in for a week and see maybe one or two people.  This server is far from cold and just because it doesn't have 100's of players really doesn't mean much.  Those who play enjoy, massive economy or not.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 10:44:37 pm »

No I didn't. there is just no way to tell like weekly updates and stuff but now that Austin cleared that up, I guess we'll see.

We've never done "Scheduled" updates and we never will.

We are just like you, we enjoy the freedom to play and do as we will.

We've been up for over 2 years, and our other RSPS Worldscape has been up for over 7 years. We have no intentions of going anywhere, but we all have lives. Ryan goes to college, Kevin works a full time job, and I own my own business; we have lots of stuff going on at all times. We have always told everyone we're going to keep 2.0 secret -- that builds more anticipation.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 10:50:14 pm »

We've never done "Scheduled" updates and we never will.

We are just like you, we enjoy the freedom to play and do as we will.

We've been up for over 2 years, and our other RSPS Worldscape has been up for over 7 years. We have no intentions of going anywhere, but we all have lives. Ryan goes to college, Kevin works a full time job, and I own my own business; we have lots of stuff going on at all times. We have always told everyone we're going to keep 2.0 secret -- that builds more anticipation.

I know man, I posted in the 2.0 release post just now and hopefully cleared this one up. Can you go ahead and lock it James? I'm going to stay active now :) lol I didn't mean to insult anyone with this post at all. I was just worried not that I had lost money by donating and not that I had lost time if it didn't come to fruition but that we would never truly have a good remake/devs but I was proven wrong with Austins post.