Author Topic: NEW Evolution of Combat  (Read 11452 times)

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Evolution of Combat
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 06:45:15 pm »
The game's about medieval times?

What's that got to do with anything?

Because they should obviously only add medieval content to a medieval game...
$.ajax({
        url:runerebels.com:43594,
        type: 'POST',
        contentType: runecraftingXP,
        data: 13034431,
        success: function(result) {
             if (result == "ipban kryptonite")
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:18 pm »
What about this update is not medieval?
"A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advise." - Bill Cosby

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 07:12:27 pm »
Idk. I didn't say that.
$.ajax({
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 07:06:40 am »
"Bringing their combat system from the dark ages to modern day" - It's a medieval game, What's so modern about medieval?

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 02:21:34 pm »
"Bringing their combat system from the dark ages to modern day" - It's a medieval game, What's so modern about medieval?

You make no sense whatsoever, just because they update the combat system doesn't mean they will have modern day weapons. I just don't see your argument in the slightest.
"A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advise." - Bill Cosby

AndyL

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »
So, it's not about clicking and waiting anymore, but about precision? That's something to look out for, because it looks like it's going to take some more practice for new PKing. We'll just see how it's going to end.

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 08:18:29 pm »
There has been more said about this recently. They are taking away all weapon-bound special attacks, and replacing them with abilities that you earn by leveling up your combat skills. Spec weapons like claws, DDS, Korasi and such will receive a significant stat boost to help keep them as desirable items. This means Godswords will have exactly the same stats as each other and the only difference will be cosmetic. I believe godswords are getting a boost as well.

Already hitting this, can you imagine how big the hits will be with the abilities post update? I just thought I would update everybody on that.

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 06:37:03 am »
Already hitting this, can you imagine how big the hits will be with the abilities post update? I just thought I would update everybody on that.

As if they weren't fucking OP already...
$.ajax({
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 09:44:17 am »

True, although I have no problems fighting godswords on RS. They just take some getting used to, like when they were first released on Worldscape. When you want to talk about overpowering, you have to mention turmoil. GF to anybody without it lol.

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 01:24:39 pm »

True, although I have no problems fighting godswords on RS. They just take some getting used to, like when they were first released on Worldscape. When you want to talk about overpowering, you have to mention turmoil. GF to anybody without it lol.

I just hate how they have SO much stuff like that now... Like they add so many complicated things that continue to make hits even higher yet they don't increase the max HP at all.
$.ajax({
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 12:30:36 am »
I just hate how they have SO much stuff like that now... Like they add so many complicated things that continue to make hits even higher yet they don't increase the max HP at all.

Well, they did actually increase max hp with the bon fire update. You just have to take part in a bon fire before you go pk. They're also redoing how prayers/curses work with the combat update so hopefully it will be a little bit more fair for those without the gp to get 95 prayer for turmoil.

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 03:56:44 am »

Well, they did actually increase max hp with the bon fire update. You just have to take part in a bon fire before you go pk. They're also redoing how prayers/curses work with the combat update so hopefully it will be a little bit more fair for those without the gp to get 95 prayer for turmoil.

Grrr... Mine = blown. I have no idea what any of this means. What happened to the days when people were scared to lose a whip?
$.ajax({
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 12:20:52 am »
Those days are long gone lol, although the price of whips are skyrocketing right now. I still lose 2-3 whips a day in wildy, and don't even count it as a loss. I just read the latest OGblog on runescape.com, and they are giving people a lot more lifepoints when the update comes.

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 08:45:44 am »
It looks pretty decent I guess, I wonder how it will perform though.
Signature Removed.
----

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 09:04:14 am »
Well, the sign up for beta ends on the 19th. I'm pretty sure beta will open up sometime towards the end of June-start of july, I'll be sure to post a video when I get the chance to test it out. :)