3 (27.3%)
OUYA
0 (0%)
Project Shield
1 (9.1%)
Valves steambox (Piston)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: What console do you guys think is best? (future consoles to come in 2013-15)  (Read 3976 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
With all these new consoles/handhelds coming out, i have no clue which one i would like to get. I know im getting one either way but some have better features than others and im really not sure which one to get! Well What do you guys think is better? Ill post the specs and pics of each one down below. P.S there are a total of 5 consoles/handhelds coming out, can you believe that!/center]

Xbox 720 (un-announced name)

Btw, this image is a Rumored image and is NOT confirmed.

Specs
-Un-announced
-Rumored to have More RAM than Playstation Orbis, but is slower than Playstation Orbis (again this is just a rumor)
-"Rumours suggest that the console will contain a revision of AMD's 7000 series graphics, which is based on its 28nm Graphics Core Next (GCN) Southern Islands tech."
-Has specs of a Gaming Computer(rumored although it better or its probably not gonna be comeptitive worthy)

Playstation Orbis   

Not a confirmed Image, again just a rumor.

Specs   
-Un-Announced
-Faster than Xbox 720, yet has less RAM(rumored)
-Can not play Previous consoles games (PS1,PS2,PS3)
-Has specs of a Gaming Computer (rumored although it better or its probably not gonna be comeptitive worthy)

OUYA

Specs
-Android powered
-"hackable" gaming console (means it can be modified to anyone's likes/dislikes without be nagged by the owners)
-Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n protocals
-1080p output for maximum resolution on the big screen
-The Ouya will feature an exclusive Ouya store for applications and games designed specifically for the Ouya platform (it will still take other games though i believe)
-Will Include Twitch.tv and access to the OnLive gaming service
-All systems can be used as development kits, allowing any Ouya owner and gamer to also be a developer, without the need for licensing fees
-All games will have some kind of Free-to-Play aspect making it so that every game can be played for free to an extent
-Portable Friendly

Project Shield

A handheld made by Nvidia! Wow this must be good...

Specs
-"almost no of observable lag between his handheld games console on-screen action and his Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 powered PC"
- high frame rates and smoothness of the gaming
-"Great sound quality"
-Pc games can run on this handheld (including borderlands 2, crysis 3 etc...)
-Built around nvidia's new Tegra 4 SoC engine
-"contains 5 ARM A15 CPU cores in a 4+1 configuration similar to Tegra 3"
-2 concave thumbsticks
-360 like D-pad
-4 face buttons and 4 shoulder triggers
-5” 720p multitouch display
-38 watt-hours of Lithium-Ion battery cells(meaning Shield will have what amounts to a tablet-capacity battery)
-combination of internal and external storage
-micro-HDMI for display output
-micro-USB for data connectivity
-standard 3.5mm audio jack for headphones
-"Wireless connectivity is also available, with WiFi for data and Miracast plus additional formats for video output."
-will be able to connect to PCs to do remote gaming
-5-inch 1280 x 720 display

Valve's Steam box(piston)

Not sure if this is the real pic or not but it seems to be to the quantity of them

Specs
-Specs of hardware are not avalible yet
-Trying to bring the PC and Console into one
- would run any standard PC game title
-"Those controllers would be different than motion controllers like Kinect, PlayStation Move, and the Wii Remote, because they could grab data from your body without requiring conscious effort from the user. That means games using the technology would be able to respond to your physical and emotional states."
-"gamers and manufacturers will still be able to build their own crazy PC gaming systems."
-Controllers that respond to emotions
-"Imagine if zombies in the next Left 4 Dead could literally sense your fear."
-plenty of digital media like TV and movies, big-name games, and independent content like game mods and community-created items.
-Mods
-Player-created content
-Stores and Sharing

-For people who are going to say "this is fake where is your proof, just go type in the name of each console on the internet and you will get all the proof you need."

-And for those who say "emotion touch controller!? Fake!!!" You are actuly very wrong. The techonology is way beyond what we know right now, it just hasnt been revealed for most because they are all still in the making! We are so advanced at this point in time, just the technology hasn't been released to prove we are. The PS3 and Xbox360 were in the making YEARS before they were released, and they are amazing aren't they? Games like Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, and others that have amazing graphics, were in the making years before released.

Well now that you guys have read all of this, What console do you think looks best at the moment?!
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
The Project Shield from Nvidia isn't actually a console nor does it play games on it's own. Basically your PC with a Nvidia graphics card runs the game and streams it to the Project Shield but you control the game from the buttons on it. Also I don't get the big deal with consoles when one can just build a gaming PC that plays games at higher fps and with better graphics.  ;)
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
The Project Shield from Nvidia isn't actually a console nor does it play games on it's own. Basically your PC with a Nvidia graphics card runs the game and streams it to the Project Shield but you control the game from the buttons on it. Also I don't get the big deal with consoles when one can just build a gaming PC that plays games at higher fps and with better graphics.  ;)
right on the front page of http://shield.nvidia.com/ it says "gaming portable designed for gamers who yearn to play when, where and how they want." :)
-edit just saw under "pc" it says play anywhere in your home.. so im not sure how this is going to work really lol
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:13:57 pm by HappyguyForum »
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Xbox fag for life.

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
right on the front page of http://shield.nvidia.com/ it says "gaming portable designed for gamers who yearn to play when, where and how they want." :)
-edit just saw under "pc" it says play anywhere in your home.. so im not sure how this is going to work really lol
I've seen a ton on this as I'm a PC gamer. Basically it's going to be an android device that can stream games from your gaming PC with a Nvidia graphics card onto the screen and you control it with the buttons. It will also be able to play android games but that's about it really. The Project Shield will most likely fail... I mean who wants to play a PC game on a tiny 5 inch screen with a clunky looking controller when in bed or on the couch?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:21:57 pm by Pinkamena »
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I've seen a ton on this as I'm a PC gamer. Basically it's going to be an android device that can stream games from your gaming PC with a Nvidia graphics card onto the screen and you control it with the buttons. It will also be able to play android games but that's about it really. The Project Shield will most likely fail... I mean who wants to play a PC game on a tiny 5 inch screen with a clunky looking controller when in bed or on the couch?
the only thing i can see this doing good in, is the fact that if you wanted to play your games at a friends house, and he has an extra comp you can stream from that is so shitty though so the controller would do good so you can still play together.

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
cant wait for xbox 720 or whateverthefuck its going to be called and steambox :o

Greg28

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    I am Greg
    • View Profile
Xbox 720 is where it's at!  8)

Death Note

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
I will defiantly be getting the Xbox, PS4, and the Steam Box. Probably the other two if I become interested.
Need help? Want to chat? Just add me ingame: Death Note

Identity 214

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The 214th user on RuneRebels.
    • View Profile
The Xbox. :)
WORLDSCAPE: I Steal Cash
RUNEREBELS: Identity 214

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
The OUYA seems interesting, I heard about it awhile back. I am looking forward to see it being released. I do plan on buying the new Xbox, and I have never owned a Play Station, I might consider buying that as-well, if I have the money lol.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
I hear that they might actually call the next Xbox just "Xbox." But I could be wrong.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I hear that they might actually call the next Xbox just "Xbox." But I could be wrong.
interesting...

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
I have a feeling they're gonna go with xbox 2/3 or xbox 720 not sure why