Author Topic: Old-School FPS Games  (Read 8255 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: Old-School FPS Games
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 08:46:43 am »
Still takes less skill than most OS FPS IMO. There IS aim-bots for Halo on 360..... plenty of people have modded xbox's with hacks granted they do eventually get caught. Auto-Aim doesn't really matter on Doom (it's only vertical NOT horizontal, this is because you originally couldn't free-look in Doom) as due to the insane movement speed it's still harder to aim on than any modern shooter game.

Also here is a good example of what Single-Player lacks in games these days. The ability to master the levels to the point you can speedrun them like a maniac (also rocket/grenade jumping FTW!):

I'd like to see you come into halo, play for a month, and have a positive KD. Doubt you would

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 10:14:31 am »
Still takes less skill than most OS FPS IMO. There IS aim-bots for Halo on 360..... plenty of people have modded xbox's with hacks granted they do eventually get caught. Auto-Aim doesn't really matter on Doom (it's only vertical NOT horizontal, this is because you originally couldn't free-look in Doom) as due to the insane movement speed it's still harder to aim on than any modern shooter game.

Also here is a good example of what Single-Player lacks in games these days. The ability to master the levels to the point you can speedrun them like a maniac (also rocket/grenade jumping FTW!):

not to get into an argument here, but i wouldn't want to beat a game in 15 minutes... that's not fun at all.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

toxic

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Skilling <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 07:26:17 pm »
Age of empire !

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »
I'd like to see you come into halo, play for a month, and have a positive KD. Doubt you would
ANYONE CAN DO THAT! You can have 100 deaths and 1 kill and it's still positive (not possible to hit negatives). Nice try though!  ;)

not to get into an argument here, but i wouldn't want to beat a game in 15 minutes... that's not fun at all.
The point is the amount of replay value there is. You can go for a straight speedrun and try to get the lowest time possible (like this guy), you can play through normal, you can tyson run (using melee only), you can go for max speed runs (100% of map complete). Unlike new single-player games where it's just a boring rail shooter that holds your hand and has cut scenes every 2mins with absolutely no replay value.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:20:19 pm by Pinkamena »
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom