Author Topic: Check to see how easily your hacked! Do this! You might be easy to crack!  (Read 7998 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Re: Check to see how easily your hacked! Do this! You might be easy to crack!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 01:18:12 pm »
Have you ever thought that websites like that could actually be stealing your passwords?
have you realized thats why i put "Trusted" sites... -_-
and btw, how could someone possibly log on to any website without any other info that a password. People can have the same password as you, and without any other info such as an email, username, etc, how would they be able to get into anything without installing a trojan...
They could take your IP, with your IP there is a lot of different things they could do. I'm not saying that they are, I'm just stating that websites could do it.
When people say "i have your ip" theres not much they can actully do. Did you know that people in your area have the same ip as you. There is a difference between your public ip, and your personal ip. The only way to get your personal ip is if you go on your computer and manually type into the prompt "ipconfig", the ip that shows on websites etc, will not get you anywhere because you could be dealing with hundreds of people at a time with that exact ip.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 06:54:04 am »
'Word lists' only contain actual words (and some common numbers appended to them).
Solution: Use a password which isn't an actual word - through in a symbol too.

Also I doubt the site is really trying to crack your password and giving you a response time.

SRBuckey5266

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 02:38:58 pm »

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 03:42:41 pm »
Oh yeah FYI people trying to mass crack passwords will probably be using a cluster of PCs.

kickingjamie

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 04:23:21 pm »
When people say "i have your ip" theres not much they can actully do. Did you know that people in your area have the same ip as you. There is a difference between your public ip, and your personal ip. The only way to get your personal ip is if you go on your computer and manually type into the prompt "ipconfig", the ip that shows on websites etc, will not get you anywhere because you could be dealing with hundreds of people at a time with that exact ip.

You're totally wrong. I'm going to use Runescape and specifically an account recovery method people use as an example. If someone has your IP they can find out what area you live in. If they know what area you live in they can use proxies based in that area. As Jagex check IP's against original account IP's as one of the methods of verifying you're the owner, if the Ip address's are equal to the same area then that's an extra point and therefore more chance of hacking the account. People don't need your exact address to do damage.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:26:43 pm by kickingjamie »

toxic

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Skilling <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:02 pm »
Great guide !