Author Topic: XP Rate  (Read 2851 times)

DyanRean

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
XP Rate
« on: December 21, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »
When I joined this server I was under the impression that the idea of the server was to be a legit 2006 remake. This is what was so attractive about the server to me. I enjoyed the game as it was, and loved playing it for what it was.

The other servers have xp multipliers because they don't care about the skills and are just there for PKing and custom content.

I feel that having the 2X xp multipliers ruins the spirit of the game. While yes I still feel like I am having to work for my skills, I also feel like it is cheapening the experience of gaining levels. Getting to lvl 70 in something feels like no big deal.

I would love to see the multiplier set back to 1X maybe after 2.0 comes out. Some people may not like to have to grind for their levels but that was the whole point of the game. The point of goals in games is to work for them.

It's not a big enough issue to make me find another server, I am more than happy with this one. But it is something I would like to see changed one day.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
Re: XP Rate
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:22:13 pm »
We did multiple polls and each time they came towards the xp rate we have now. I'm sorry to say but the xp rate will not change. Most people here would like to enjoy the experience but not have to spend years working for there skills again. It still takes about a month or two to get 99's so I don't think it really is that bad.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:50:25 pm »
When I joined this server I was under the impression that the idea of the server was to be a legit 2006 remake. This is what was so attractive about the server to me. I enjoyed the game as it was, and loved playing it for what it was.

The other servers have xp multipliers because they don't care about the skills and are just there for PKing and custom content.

I feel that having the 2X xp multipliers ruins the spirit of the game. While yes I still feel like I am having to work for my skills, I also feel like it is cheapening the experience of gaining levels. Getting to lvl 70 in something feels like no big deal.

I would love to see the multiplier set back to 1X maybe after 2.0 comes out. Some people may not like to have to grind for their levels but that was the whole point of the game. The point of goals in games is to work for them.

It's not a big enough issue to make me find another server, I am more than happy with this one. But it is something I would like to see changed one day.

If it was 1x, people might as well play RS07 unless they do not want to pay. As Austin said, there was a poll about this and most people wanted higher exp rate. The highscores are quite balanced right now as well so 2x hasn't made the game too easy for anyone and hasn't ruined the spirit of the game. The server has been up for around a year and in some skills, no one has a 99 in.

On the Runelocus page, the description also says 2x exp. If the owners here at RuneRebels did not care about skills and only wanted to promote Pking and custom content, they would've made the exp rate well over 2x.

Perhaps get 70 thieving or something. It won't feel like no big deal.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 12:16:20 am »
Things like this come up all the time and I give the same reasoning why 2x exp is better than the standard 1x exp. I don't know about you, but I started RuneScape in 2005. I have not come close to achieving a 99 in the 3-4 years that I played. Getting a 99 in RuneScape takes a lot of time, which I had a whole lot of back in elementary and middle school. Now, I'm a freshman in college just wanting to play a game that I put hours into again. I now have around half the time I did when I first started playing and I'm almost positive it is like that for all of our player base. Since I am in college now, spending hours on a game is so pointless. I would much rather go out and be with my friends. Also, let's face it, not one of us will be playing this game as long as we did with RuneScape. I don't know about you, but someone who is fresh out of college and still playing a lame computer game is pretty pathetic. This is why having 2x exp is much better for the server because no one wants to spend all of their days getting that precious 99. This is just my opinion on having 2x exp. You may be younger, but probably not by much.

DyanRean

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 06:31:59 pm »
Things like this come up all the time and I give the same reasoning why 2x exp is better than the standard 1x exp. I don't know about you, but I started RuneScape in 2005. I have not come close to achieving a 99 in the 3-4 years that I played. Getting a 99 in RuneScape takes a lot of time, which I had a whole lot of back in elementary and middle school. Now, I'm a freshman in college just wanting to play a game that I put hours into again. I now have around half the time I did when I first started playing and I'm almost positive it is like that for all of our player base. Since I am in college now, spending hours on a game is so pointless. I would much rather go out and be with my friends. Also, let's face it, not one of us will be playing this game as long as we did with RuneScape. I don't know about you, but someone who is fresh out of college and still playing a lame computer game is pretty pathetic. This is why having 2x exp is much better for the server because no one wants to spend all of their days getting that precious 99. This is just my opinion on having 2x exp. You may be younger, but probably not by much.

Lol you make me feel pathetic now  :'(, I'm out of school, have a full time IT job, divorced, a 1 year old daughter and I still would like it to be 1x. But I certainly understand more now the decision for the XP rate and I support it now that I do. Like I said in another thread I do not want to play rs2007 because I do not wish to support their company with my money. I do not like the direction they have taken the current game. I guess I see it from a game developers view (gamedev for 10 years) and not so much a gamers view. With everything that I do, FT job, a one year old, and it's the holidays so I've been hanging out with friends and family, I have still been able to get 75 fishing and 45 att, str, def in just about 2 weeks. A task that would normally take me a while in the main game even if I had double the time I have now. Not to mention at least 30 in the other skills I've worked on. I just feel that the experience of level gaining has cheapened for me. But once again that is just my opinion and now that I understand the decision in changing it I 100% support it.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »
Nope, 2.0 definitely feels about right Homie G  8)

herodantee

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 05:12:48 pm »
Well, to me it dousen't really feel like 2x, it feels like 1x to me :P 

• Developer
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 09:19:07 pm »
Well, to me it dousen't really feel like 2x, it feels like 1x to me :P
Try comparing getting to level 2 strength on x1 xp with x2, there is a big difference  :P