Miscellaneous Boards > Current World Events

US CIA "Doesn't know who we're killing"

<< < (5/5)

buttplug:

--- Quote from: Recoil on February 11, 2014, 10:47:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: buttplug on February 11, 2014, 06:13:18 pm ---Confirmation bias.

There are a shitload of worse countries to live in than the US. You cant take the bad without the good and vice versa, that's just cherry picking. I'd say the US is pretty balanced right now in terms of bad shit VS good shit and that's how it should be. Yeah we've got some corruption up top, but at least you don't have to wear a god damn burka to leave your house. Would really you prefer to have both? There's no such thing as a perfect world. When are people gonna stop picking sides and look at the whole god damn picture and quit bitching?

--- End quote ---

Just because I'm complaining about a certain aspect of something our country does wrong doesn't mean I then have to counter that by sucking its dick and giving it a compliment. Of course there are good aspects about the US, that just wasn't the question at hand.

--- End quote ---

It was in response to the "I'm sort of ashamed to live in America now." part of his post. I suppose I should have clarified

ZzReVeNg3zZ:
Sorry if you get offended, but America is the greediest, most corrupt and sinister country in the entire world.

Prayer:

--- Quote from: ZzReVeNg3zZ on February 19, 2014, 09:46:45 pm ---Sorry if you get offended, but America is the greediest, most corrupt and sinister country in the entire world.

--- End quote ---

I took an international relations class, and learned a lot about every country. America (if you're referring to the US) is not even close to being corrupt, greedy, or sinister. Look into some countries belonging to the "Third World" and you'll see what corruption is about

realitycheck:

--- Quote from: ZzReVeNg3zZ on February 19, 2014, 09:46:45 pm ---Sorry if you get offended, but America is the greediest, most corrupt and sinister country in the entire world.

--- End quote ---

Not offended.  I enjoy having the freedom of opinion and being able to argue it.

http://www.fundsforngos.org/article-contributions/top-10-largest-donors-foreign-aid-world/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/03/idUS95815491020131203

Just a little reading material - you'll have to define "sinister" as it relates to the world.  There aren't actual statistics for personal perceptions of the "sinister" nature of a country.

I challenge you to go live in North Korea for a month, or how about Iran, or even try Mexico (no, not on an all inclusive resort).  Let me know how the culture is, how safe it is, and how "sinister" it is.  Nobody denies corruption at the government level, but I think you'll be hard pressed not to find corruption on most governments.

Large Prune:

--- End quote ---

Wrong.

Many, many countries are far more corrupt than the USA - for example, Russia, Afghanistan, Italy, Spain etc.

A lot of Third World countries too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version