Author Topic: History of Rune Rebels  (Read 3452 times)

Battle Bowl

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
History of Rune Rebels
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:58:25 pm »
Can anyone give me the history of runerebels? Like what was all that stuff with PRS06 and that "frell" guy.. I remember when i played rs06 last year there was all this weird shit going on. How long has runerebels been around? Why did rs06 have so many players and now runerebels has so few? Didn't you guys used to have more?

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
Re: History of Rune Rebels
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 03:55:07 pm »
Runerebels has been around for a very long while- since at least 2009 though i can't tell you how much longer before that. The stuff that happened with PRS06 was mostly drama. We were the two biggest 2006 servers at the time and we both kept getting hacked and DDoS- not small hacks, big ones, same with the DDoS. We both blamed each other as we were the major servers at the time. We both didn't have any solid evidence on each other, and were both just REALLY stressed out. Frell is/was kind of a drama queen and only served to amplify unneeded problems and stress between the two servers. After PRS06 dumped, we got all their players until OSRS launched, and most people migrated to that. We are one of the more polished servers because we have existed so long, we don't move very fast in development sometimes, but we do a lot of burst developing. In a single week of work between all our developers being active and not having anything IRL going on, we can do more than most private servers can accomplish in two to three months.

Runerebels base, codename "Blitz" by Ryan, the main coder for RuneRebels, was built originally for their other RSPS, Worldscape, which has really high XP rates, and a really nasty community. Because of the sheer length of time Blitz has been used, it contains a very very very very small chance of dupes being available, because of how many have been fixed in the past- over 15 potential dupes have been squashed. Also since it is a custom base we don't suffer from the same dupe problems as other private servers, like PRS06- from using someone elses base.

This should give you a brief history about RuneRebels, any more questions and I'm sure someone will be glad to answer them unless it is about current events- we try to keep those under wraps until they are over and done with to avoid escalating issues. Also Kevin can fix anything he notices wrong with this post, because I've only been a developer for a little over a year now, but that's what I've come to know in that time frame.

Join world 2 today!

Grizx

• Rebel Soldier

• Zeus himself

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:22:17 pm »
Worldscapes community was fine  :o

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 04:23:38 pm »
Y u no mention miss silabsoft :(

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »
Pretty much what JT said. But PRS06 and RR weren't always at each others throats. If I recall correctly, at one point PRS06 went down there was some discussion (and as far as I know it was merely a discussion) of transferring player files and such, but then a bunch of crap came out about PRS06 with Frell, and some guy named Axel (again if I recall correctly)

All I know for sure is once it was pretty obvious PRS06 wasn't down for the final time (about a week after the party hat dupe and its corresponding rollback) , someone from here started "spamming" PRS06's forum to try and move players from there to here. It worked for the first few days as the player count spiked but petered out into nothing as they all moved to RS' 07 servers.

Once I migrated from there to here I never looked back. Our devs and mods actually speak fluent English and aren't sketchy motherfuckers.

Does anyone have more info on this Axel guy I remember?

Battle Bowl

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:07:39 pm »
Ah Its coming back to me now.. i actually remember trying to get my account transferred over here when i realized that rs06 was done for. something to do with someone named nova. does this sound right?

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 05:38:31 pm »
Ah Its coming back to me now.. i actually remember trying to get my account transferred over here when i realized that rs06 was done for. something to do with someone named nova. does this sound right?

N0va just recently was awarded developer status so at the time he was probably a regular user. Like I said the whole account transferring thing was merely a discussion as far as I know. I'm not sure the devs at the time had anything to do with it.

Were you part of 06Scape before it died?

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 05:42:26 pm »
Y u no mention miss silabsoft :(

Silab is and always has been a floater- she joined us just because she wanted to play around with our server for a bit to see how well protected against dupes it actually was- she found some minor issues, and one dupe, but nothing beyond that. They have all been fixed.

Pretty much what JT said. But PRS06 and RR weren't always at each others throats. If I recall correctly, at one point PRS06 went down there was some discussion (and as far as I know it was merely a discussion) of transferring player files and such, but then a bunch of crap came out about PRS06 with Frell, and some guy named Axel (again if I recall correctly)

All I know for sure is once it was pretty obvious PRS06 wasn't down for the final time (about a week after the party hat dupe and its corresponding rollback) , someone from here started "spamming" PRS06's forum to try and move players from there to here. It worked for the first few days as the player count spiked but petered out into nothing as they all moved to RS' 07 servers.

Once I migrated from there to here I never looked back. Our devs and mods actually speak fluent English and aren't sketchy motherfuckers.

Does anyone have more info on this Axel guy I remember?

That was a really sketchy time in general- We were in talks with many of the staff members from PRS06, but they were all really sketchy and didn't really want to contribute anything. In the end transfers were never actually on the table, as was nothing else we talked about. We were circle jerked pretty hard during that time, as they just wanted our source.

Join world 2 today!

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 05:47:52 pm »

It was actually Pompano who refused to give us the files. Si Force took control of the server after KO9 left, and Si Force wanted to merge, Pompano wanted us to give him a significant amount of money. We were willing to transfer all accounts over, (minus items) but we were never given the files.

Today we have since spoken with Sinisoul and Davidi2(Original owner of PRS06) and we have all apologized over everything.
RuneRebels was actually going to be another type of server, but we've always been fascinated with 2006 RuneScape, so we decided to remake it. We started when RS2006 was popular. Their server didn't have much and within a few weeks we matched their development.

As JT said, we all have IRL things to do. RuneRebels isn't my top priority. I have a job, JT goes to school, James owns a small business, and Ryan goes to school full time. So yeah, we usually have spurts of development when we all have free time. It gets tough but we're mainly trying to do now is 1 big update every now and again.

Battle Bowl

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 11:29:19 pm »

Were you part of 06Scape before it died?

Ya i actually played quite a bit, managed to get up to like 85 fishing and probably about 75-80 combat. Wish i woulda done it on here...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:34:47 pm by Battle Bowl »

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 01:00:18 am »
I remember being top 5 in runecrafting for a good while on prs06.. there was always 1 girl that I swore botted her ass off and was number 1 from then on out.. I was pretty cool with Axel and yea Frell went sketch mode from day 1.. I remember Blauweeber was actually like 5 or 6 different accounts and was doing all of the duping.. everyone thought he was legitimate lol.. I won't lie.. prs06 was some of the most fun I've had since real rs 2006 and I even created my account on here a couple weeks before the whole Frell drama because I heard it had a decent size player base and I was getting tired of the rollbacks.. I never played though.. I think it was the xp rate that turned me off.. I believe it was a little bit higher than it is now?.. and on top of that I had put so much work in on prs06 and I had irl friends that played with me on that server so I just never made the jump.