Author Topic: So that happened..  (Read 3436 times)

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
So that happened..
« on: April 22, 2013, 04:18:16 pm »

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: So that happened..
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 12:13:39 am »
Jesus Christ.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:05:48 pm »
Jesus Christ.

So like, who's that austen person?

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 06:41:26 pm »
Jesus Christ.

Admins can yell with a random username, even yours so it was probably James tho.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:40:46 pm »
Jesus Christ.

Admins can yell with a random username, even yours so it was probably James tho.

Whomever it was - this is the poorest representation I think I have ever seen.  No need to wonder why people don't play this PS anymore...

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 10:47:54 pm »
I have no idea who this is, it doesn't show up in the chat logs.

As for Realitycheck, learn to have a sense of humor. IF you don't, we're not going to get along.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:30:43 am »

As for Realitycheck, learn to have a sense of humor. IF you don't, we're not going to get along.

"Hello Jews"
"Fuck Nigga's"

If this is your idea of a sense of humor, that is fine, we don't need to get along.  Doesn't mean I can't think that it is a poor representation of how you want people to view your PS.  Try globally messaging that crap when you have 100-200 players again - see how it goes.

Side note, nice updates btw.

Petter

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Puddy' slayer

• Personal Text
    Ur fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 09:02:50 am »

love ya jeeems  :)
"Petter keeps asking me when i'm home, but I don't have a home"-Ryan

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 01:15:45 pm »

"Hello Jews"
"Fuck Nigga's"

If this is your idea of a sense of humor, that is fine, we don't need to get along.  Doesn't mean I can't think that it is a poor representation of how you want people to view your PS.  Try globally messaging that crap when you have 100-200 players again - see how it goes.

It is a private server, there is no need to look professional. I have said this over and over again. Runerebels was started to be a fun project between us developers and was never meant to have any more than 10+ at a time. "Hello Jews" is something I've said since I was a player moderator on Worldscape, SEVEN YEARS AGO. To quote myself, "I don't want to be professional, I just want to boogie." The Austen guy was using our old version of the allgofree bot, which makes the user appear to servers as an admin. We have since removed the link where the bot was located.

Thanks for the compliment on the updates.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 04:05:53 pm »

"Hello Jews"
"Fuck Nigga's"

It is a private server, there is no need to look professional. I have said this over and over again. Runerebels was started to be a fun project between us developers and was never meant to have any more than 10+ at a time. "Hello Jews" is something I've said since I was a player moderator on Worldscape, SEVEN YEARS AGO. To quote myself, "I don't want to be professional, I just want to boogie." The Austen guy was using our old version of the allgofree bot, which makes the user appear to servers as an admin. We have since removed the link where the bot was located.

Thanks for the compliment on the updates.

Fair enough - I can respect that.  Based on all the crazy back and forth happenings with PRS06, I guess my initial perception of this PS was to grow large, albeit slowly, and with professionalism to attract new players.  I understand philosophies change and will cease questioning things that I have not been around here long enough to understand - after all, I do enjoy playing the server and that is all that should matter.

Hope to see more of those update things soon!!

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 11:22:44 am »
Give or take professionalism, like James said:

Professionalism is for making money, and providing status in an insane world. 
Fair enough - I can respect that.  Based on all the crazy back and forth happenings with PRS06, I guess my initial perception of this PS was to grow large, albeit slowly, and with professionalism to attract new players.  I understand philosophies change and will cease questioning things that I have not been around here long enough to understand - after all, I do enjoy playing the server and that is all that should matter.

Hope to see more of those update things soon!!

As far as I see it, this is a crap shoot of an RSPS, anything goes as long as it abides by laws that could otherwise shut it down.  At least this is a more accurate representation of the build it is emulating than some of the stranger PS's.  So admins can get away with snide comments, but as far as I can tell they only pick out certain people if the person tells them it is alright, like with me, I'll let any admin or mod call me a psychotic asshat just because I don't care, but that's because I'll let them.  And for labels of people, this post's example aside as it wasn't an admin doing it, we live in an insane world, and there isn't a public image to uphold.  I can't speak for the owners, admins, or mods, but using non-politically correct or discriminatory terms is a sign of strength that says "We are fully prepared to back up these words."

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Famoo

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Developer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 07:35:02 pm »
I think it would be best if I locked this thread... so I'm going to go ahead and do that.

Thread locked.
Official RuneRebels Discord: https://discord.gg/49KyKQJ