Author Topic: Jagex release 2007 servers friday night  (Read 11044 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Re: Jagex release 2007 servers friday night
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:43:45 am »
19,000 votes left until 250,000 votes.
its not gonna get another 19k by friday... for those of you who are actully "excited" by this, its a shame because you are now going to be paying 20$ to play a damn game when not even WOW you need to pay 20$ a month for... it really is a shame...
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Desini

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 10:56:39 am »
Not setting a mouseclick on runescape.com
its pure for $ they put those server back online
and it will be flooded with bots and gold sellers i say nty to that :)

greetings

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Alluvion

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »
its not gonna get another 19k by friday... for those of you who are actully "excited" by this, its a shame because you are now going to be paying 20$ to play a damn game when not even WOW you need to pay 20$ a month for... it really is a shame...

The vote ends March 1st, not Friday. We will likely be paying $5 extra, and 500k votes is still attainable for no extra fees.

There is nothing truly sad about it if people who want the old game are willing to pay premium for it. Certainly beats the crap out of private servers. I respect servers like this one a lot, but if the real deal comes back, fully coded, is this community really going to say no? I doubt it. There are thousands who will pay $13/month for the real thing.

Most people can't even comprehend the astronomic difference between real 2007 Runescape and the remakes that have so far failed to even scratch the surface of the full content.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 02:56:40 pm »

The vote ends March 1st, not Friday. We will likely be paying $5 extra, and 500k votes is still attainable for no extra fees.

There is nothing truly sad about it if people who want the old game are willing to pay premium for it. Certainly beats the crap out of private servers. I respect servers like this one a lot, but if the real deal comes back, fully coded, is this community really going to say no? I doubt it. There are thousands who will pay $13/month for the real thing.

Most people can't even comprehend the astronomic difference between real 2007 Runescape and the remakes that have so far failed to even scratch the surface of the full content.

Have fun fighting the bots and complete no-lifers for those resources.  Should be fun... And you do realize that some people play private servers because they are fed up with Jagex themselves and do not want to send another red cent to them?  The cost really isn't that bad, but these servers, drama and all, are fun to watch grow with people that are truly dedicated to the player experience.

Alluvion

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 03:06:22 pm »

Have fun fighting the bots and complete no-lifers for those resources.  Should be fun... And you do realize that some people play private servers because they are fed up with Jagex themselves and do not want to send another red cent to them?  The cost really isn't that bad, but these servers, drama and all, are fun to watch grow with people that are truly dedicated to the player experience.

True enough, but to be blunt, ProjectRS06 became the most popular functioning 2006 remake, and with only 2000 concurrent players was already overrun by bots. Private servers don't usually have good bot prevention. RuneRebels hasn't even had to deal with that kind of thing yet.

At least Jagex has already stated they are implementing modern bot protection into the 2007 servers.

I know they're grabbing money from it, but at least Jagex isn't so stupid as to stubbornly stick to the EoC. I appreciate this effort by them, and hate them or love them, they are a company that can actually run a server with thousands of people on it. Every private server (at least, full remakes) that gets thousands of players eventually dies without the resources to manage it. Jagex can run the Roman Empire. Transient server admins coding in their spare time can't necessarily do that.

And again, 1% content vs. 100% content is a no-brainer for me, no offense.

If Jagex screws it up I'll be back.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 03:11:44 pm »
Wrong section.

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 05:29:30 pm »
Has EOC burned and crashed?  Not sure it has?

It crashed and burned when Jagex was sold to an American company.

That wasn't what I meant. ;)  However, yes, I know this.  And spent many hours researching this Jeff Horing.  I've spent a few years reaching Goldman Sachs, and the men behind that.  Once I knew his affiliation, it told me all I needed to know.  Besides,  I know exactly why they bought out Jagex, and what they plan to do.  Going by what they've done to 100s, if not 1000s of privately owned businesses...
\

instead of being an elitist know it all would you mind sharing? cheers
I'm pretty busy IRL so if I don't reply or see something or know something it's generally because of that.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 06:04:32 pm »
Ehh, some people don't like 2007 RuneScape.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 06:41:30 pm »

Usually, I would not waste my time on a sha'nit starter, aka a troll.  However, first you ass'ume that I'm an elitist.  Why would an elitist play on any server, when they could buy their own server...the size of a football field, or two?

And what does knowing it all, which you also ass'ume, have to do with anything that we are discussing?  What purpose do you have to insult others for things they research and know?  Especially when you have nothing to back up your position with, except name-calling and ass'umptions.
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

toxic

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Skilling <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 06:47:35 pm »

Usually, I would not waste my time on a sha'nit starter, aka a troll.  However, first you ass'ume that I'm an elitist.  Why would an elitist play on any server, when they could buy their own server...the size of a football field, or two?

And what does knowing it all, which you also ass'ume, have to do with anything that we are discussing?  What purpose do you have to insult others for things they research and know?  Especially when you have nothing to back up your position with, except name-calling and ass'umptions.

Haha someone got SERVED !

Desini

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 08:02:40 pm »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:36 pm »

True enough, but to be blunt, ProjectRS06 became the most popular functioning 2006 remake, and with only 2000 concurrent players was already overrun by bots. Private servers don't usually have good bot prevention. RuneRebels hasn't even had to deal with that kind of thing yet.

At least Jagex has already stated they are implementing modern bot protection into the 2007 servers.

I know they're grabbing money from it, but at least Jagex isn't so stupid as to stubbornly stick to the EoC. I appreciate this effort by them, and hate them or love them, they are a company that can actually run a server with thousands of people on it. Every private server (at least, full remakes) that gets thousands of players eventually dies without the resources to manage it. Jagex can run the Roman Empire. Transient server admins coding in their spare time can't necessarily do that.

And again, 1% content vs. 100% content is a no-brainer for me, no offense.

If Jagex screws it up I'll be back.
They have screwed up every updated since 2007, what makes you think they WON'T screw up with this one. Btw, they said they MIGHT add bot protection if it gets a certain amount of votes... with the votes it has now, they said there will be no protection whatsoever.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »
its not gonna get another 19k by friday
Well it got the 19,000 votes.
Signature Removed.
----

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 09:05:43 pm »
its not gonna get another 19k by friday
Well it got the 19,000 votes.
Still have to pay nearly 15$ a month lol

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 09:09:48 pm »
They have screwed up every updated since 2007, what makes you think they WON'T screw up with this one. Btw, they said they MIGHT add bot protection if it gets a certain amount of votes... with the votes it has now, they said there will be no protection whatsoever.

What confuses me is, they say that they are in business to make money, so if they get more votes, then they'll be able to do more, and make the game free.

My brain doesn't work like theirs, what does votes have to do with bringing in more revenue?  I mean, if you get 499k 'votes' you won't have the money to update the game or make it free, but if you have 500k votes, you will.

Brain freeze!!!
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ