Author Topic: creating a forum account is a annoying task  (Read 2141 times)

Rogan

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
creating a forum account is a annoying task
« on: February 08, 2013, 11:32:53 am »
while i agree that you should have to make a forum account to play the server the verification system where you have lines through the letters is ridiculous. the listen to the letters was glitched repeating the same old line of letters. some of the letters are impossible to read. took me about 10 attempts before piecing some of the listen to the letters option with my own eyes of reading the letters. was like decracking a code.

Also its just took me fucking 5minutes to solve the verification to post this stupid topic.

Need help with anything? PM: Rogan

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: creating a forum account is a annoying task
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:33:54 am »
while i agree that you should have to make a forum account to play the server the verification system where you have lines through the letters is ridiculous. the listen to the letters was glitched repeating the same old line of letters. some of the letters are impossible to read. took me about 10 attempts before piecing some of the listen to the letters option with my own eyes of reading the letters. was like decracking a code.

Also its just took me fucking 5minutes to solve the verification to post this stupid topic.

Not sure this is removeable.

Rogan

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:37:46 am »
im a new member and this was really off putting while trying to join and find out if the server is good. im not saying o im a new member keep me happy. far from it but these little tasks can put off some people especially when it takes a good 5-10 trys to solve it.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 11:40:00 am »
Yeah, i see where your coming from :)

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:42:18 am »
I can understand your frustration, but the verification code is used on many sites.  It helps to stop bots from making accounts.  It is a useful hassle.

I find if I don't take my eyes off the code, not even to look at my fingers, but focus very hard, you can see the letters.

Unlike Rewind, you don't have to enter the verification code every time you post.  That in itself is wonderful.  Once in here, and verified, you're set to go. :)
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Bill

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 11:45:37 am »
The problem is if we lower the level of the verification any more we start seeing annoying spam bots popping up and they spam the forums. We will look into this though and possibly lower the level and see how it goes now since it's been a while since we've implemented that.

Rogan

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 12:16:30 pm »
sorry for my frustration that came across in this topic. Funny how small things can really annoy you. i understand that it is necessary