Author Topic: Whats been up  (Read 3344 times)

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Whats been up
« on: November 25, 2013, 02:57:45 am »
I have been working on the website as my main priority, but I look over pretty much all development in RunRebels, I work side by side with Ryan(ry60003333) and James. I also give a small todo list to the Quest Developers (JT mainly) and I used to do all of the Community Manger things with RuneRebels.

As of now I wanted the site to be launched for public use but... Shit happens. I have been dealing with my Grandma.

As of 1 month ago she became in a lot of pain and has been unable to walk, losing strength in her legs and causing her to fall making more pain. She is 82 years. It was discovered that she had a fractured vertebrae and was thought to be the problem. When she went to have the procedure she started running a fever and in fear of her being ill they canceled the procedure. They sent her home, and gave her some pain patches because she was unable to keep pills down.

Later that night we told my grandpa if her fever becomes worse let us know, and we will take her to the Hospital. Well, he called and we went over to help get her into the car to take her to the Hospital where it was discovered she has an infection throughout her body and was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_myeloma). She has been given hours to days to live. The doctors said they don't see her living another 3-4 days, at it's best. So we are hoping she can make it to Thanks Giving, and we are all coming together for 1 last family meal.

So, I have been caught up and busy with this for the past 1-2 weeks. My life has been going to work, then heading the Hospital.
I now have to look forward to a funeral I didn't expect.

As for all development on RuneRebels it is full speed ahead. The Quest Developers are doing amazing. They are ahead of schedule and everything else is either right on schedule or slightly ahead. That doesn't mean 2.0 will come any sooner, but it is always good to have things on track. As soon as everything settles down I will be right back where I left off. The Website itself is nearly done.

Here is a sneak peak at a new page.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
Re: Whats been up
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:14:28 am »
I'm very sorry to hear about your current life situation. The website is looking very neat on the other hand. I hope your doing o.k :)

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:24:42 am »
I feel sorry for you bro D:

Website is looking great on the other hand

~Sento

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:43:38 am »
Sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope everything will be okay with her. If things get worse worry just about yourself and your family and getting back on your feet. Don't worry about us. We can survive without 2.0 for a little while longer.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 06:53:38 am »
Sorry to hear that mate. I've gone through some problems this year as well. I understand if you need someone to speak to let me know. :)

And the website is actually looking amazing TBH, great job!

Darkerkill

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Ill kill u darker than ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 10:38:51 am »
Thats fked up man all the pain youve gone through. I havent even seen my grandpas and my grandmas have passed away in some fever.
Take your shirt off!

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:50:57 am »
Sorry to hear for your loss

Janloom

• Rebel Leader

• Huh? What?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 12:46:55 pm »
My condolences for you grandmother, mine died somewhat suddenly back in September as well.

Thank you for all the work you guys are putting into the server, and it's great to see that progress is on track for 2.0

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 03:20:27 pm »
Sorry to hear that, wishing you and your family all the best at this difficult time.
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 03:22:33 pm »
I hope your grandma lives longer than expected and I'll be praying for her. She deserves an amazing Thanksgiving dinner with her family. As for the server, I appreciate everything you've done for the community. Hopefully the hard work pays off and the community becomes stronger than ever.

deadly

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 08:20:54 pm »
Great job so far!

Definitely one of the best small community private servers, sure we will all understand if it does take a little longer than expected.    Hope everything goes well. My condolences

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 08:35:18 pm »
I hope your grandma lives longer than expected and I'll be praying for her. She deserves an amazing Thanksgiving dinner with her family. As for the server, I appreciate everything you've done for the community. Hopefully the hard work pays off and the community becomes stronger than ever.

Oh, I have no doubt in my mind that RR will rise to the top once again!
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 01:22:23 am »
Unfortunately my Grandmother passed away approximately 2:26PM November 25, 2013. Majority of the family was there, and we all got a chance to say goodbye. Her body will be cremated and we will hold a funeral sometime within the next week or so.

Thank you everyone, and I feel a large stress relief and I am glad she is no longer in any pain, nor did she suffer long. As I said up until 2 weeks was she in any pain.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 01:31:24 pm »
Unfortunately my Grandmother passed away approximately 2:26PM November 25, 2013. Majority of the family was there, and we all got a chance to say goodbye. Her body will be cremated and we will hold a funeral sometime within the next week or so.

Thank you everyone, and I feel a large stress relief and I am glad she is no longer in any pain, nor did she suffer long. As I said up until 2 weeks was she in any pain.

Best of luck to everyone in your family :l

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 02:18:18 pm »

Sorry to hear this, I'm sure she was an amazing person it's a shame things always have to end badly but as you say atleast she's no longer in pain