Author Topic: Ddos?  (Read 5505 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Re: Ddos?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 07:15:05 pm »
Cheat clients can flood the server aswell
cheat clients are for minors :P
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

zTOPNOTCHz

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 07:17:53 pm »
the staff don't need a anit-ddos ... they need to TAKE CARE OF THE SOURCE. And by source i mean the people hitting us over and over and over. The staff are smart enough to do just that.
no, i am implying that we need to either confront them about it, or take legal action.

Here is the thing though, do they have money to take legal action and do they have the resources to track them down. . . My guess is highly unlikely. I saw we turn this project to a private project and start a screening process.

Almost make it like a private torrent site in a way. . . Just my suggestion. That way we atleast know that only 100 people have the IP and if we are still getting DDoS, we know its on the inside

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 07:21:17 pm »
the staff don't need a anit-ddos ... they need to TAKE CARE OF THE SOURCE. And by source i mean the people hitting us over and over and over. The staff are smart enough to do just that.
no, i am implying that we need to either confront them about it, or take legal action.

Here is the thing though, do they have money to take legal action and do they have the resources to track them down. . . My guess is highly unlikely. I saw we turn this project to a private project and start a screening process.

Almost make it like a private torrent site in a way. . . Just my suggestion. That way we atleast know that only 100 people have the IP and if we are still getting DDoS, we know its on the inside
nononnononono this is a open project, for the people, not for a select group. This would only allow a certain community to play and everybody would know each other and almost never see new faces. What we need to do, is only allow a certain amount of connections to the ip at once from the same ip. This person is obviously sending hundreds or thousands of connections from his ip, so to prevent this, we need to code a thing where if more than two people log in it will say "Too many connections from the same address" and this will also help the multilogging situation going on. But the solution your suggesting, could only go downhill.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

zTOPNOTCHz

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 07:27:58 pm »

nononnononono this is a open project, for the people, not for a select group. This would only allow a certain community to play and everybody would know each other and almost never see new faces. What we need to do, is only allow a certain amount of connections to the ip at once from the same ip. This person is obviously sending hundreds or thousands of connections from his ip, so to prevent this, we need to code a thing where if more than two people log in it will say "Too many connections from the same address" and this will also help the multilogging situation going on. But the solution your suggesting, could only go downhill.

I did not know this was to be an all open project so yes my suggestion there would go down hill. In this case then we should do what I suggest earlier about concurrent  Source IPs which is easily do able on either the server or the router/firewall.