Author Topic: We're still alive, and we're meeting up!  (Read 14755 times)

Slangin

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: We're still alive, and we're meeting up!
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »
Isn't playing any game useless? I mean in theory.

Yes, you are correct. I mean everything about 'Legends' of RuneScape or anything about Jagex documentation is irrelevant. Case in point, you're staring at a computer screen.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 01:41:54 am »
Also I'm sure there's more to life than being the most known player on Runescape..  :-X

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 05:03:25 am »
Also I'm sure there's more to life than being the most known player on Runescape..  :-X

To each his own. We've gotten off topic at this point. Of course with any hobby there's going to be a huge amount of subjectivity.

What my motif has always been with my posts here can pretty much be summed up in two points:

A) People shouldn't kiss ass to all the staff just because they're staff. Or really anyone for that matter. Every other post is some reductionist overly optimistic bullshit about how they "really respect the staff" or "at least they're trying their best!". Most staff members here are callous and cursory to other people. That's not how you treat a human being or welcome new people to your server.

B) AGF RSPSs used to be so invaluable. Ryan's blitz engine has always been one of the most stable and impressive ones out there in the RSPS community. (Partly because there are so many shit servers, but it's also well done.) The community used to be passionate and excited about playing and the staff were friendly and genuinely happy about helping other people. Then things started to go downhill and when this place was introduce, it was all pretty much mutilated.

You guys playing RR saying this is a place with a great community really haven't seen the full potential of Ryan and other mods/admins. It could really be so much more, because they are capable, just lazy. Trust me, if things were that way it used to be, you all would be much more excited about logging into RuneRebels everyday.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2014, 07:33:59 pm »

To each his own. We've gotten off topic at this point. Of course with any hobby there's going to be a huge amount of subjectivity.

What my motif has always been with my posts here can pretty much be summed up in two points:

A) People shouldn't kiss ass to all the staff just because they're staff. Or really anyone for that matter. Every other post is some reductionist overly optimistic bullshit about how they "really respect the staff" or "at least they're trying their best!". Most staff members here are callous and cursory to other people. That's not how you treat a human being or welcome new people to your server.

B) AGF RSPSs used to be so invaluable. Ryan's blitz engine has always been one of the most stable and impressive ones out there in the RSPS community. (Partly because there are so many shit servers, but it's also well done.) The community used to be passionate and excited about playing and the staff were friendly and genuinely happy about helping other people. Then things started to go downhill and when this place was introduce, it was all pretty much mutilated.

You guys playing RR saying this is a place with a great community really haven't seen the full potential of Ryan and other mods/admins. It could really be so much more, because they are capable, just lazy. Trust me, if things were that way it used to be, you all would be much more excited about logging into RuneRebels everyday.

<33

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2014, 08:37:44 am »
Goddamm well said, Ethan.

Inb4everyonewhohasn'tplayedworldscapeatit'speakdissagrees.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2014, 12:15:03 pm »
Goddamm well said, Ethan.

Inb4everyonewhohasn'tplayedworldscapeatit'speakdissagrees.

I agree with that statement and I have not played worldscape. I think its kind of obvious there's a lot of potential that is not being taken advantage of here. RR is still a nostalgic old school server but your right it could be a lot better.